GCDA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director (ED) of the Grand Central District Association coordinates activities within the Grand Central District (16th St to 31st St from 1st Ave N to 1st Ave S – inclusive of Central Avenue) and acts as an integral part of the economic development of this area of the City of St. Petersburg. The mission of the GCDA is to create a sense of community within a traditional commercial and residential neighborhood and promote on-going economic development. Grand Central District is a Florida Main Street Community and 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The ED will work with a wide range of stakeholders including Businesses and residents within the corridor, the City of St. Petersburg, other district/neighborhoods, Florida Main Street, National Main Street, etc.
Range of Duties to be Performed (not exhaustive):
- Manage all administrative aspects of GCDA including purchasing, record keeping, budget development, accounting, filing and renewal of all appropriate Federal, State and local business and tax licenses and necessary filings with the State of Florida, preparing of reports required by City, State Main & National Main Street programs, supervising interns and consultants, etc
- Coordinate the activity of committees, ensuring communication among committees is well established; assist committee volunteers with implementation of work plans
- Serve as the primary fundraiser for the organization, which includes, but is not limited to, membership attraction/retention, grant-writing, special events, etc.
- Support Membership and businesses within the district by holding regular mixers/general meetings, maintain an up to date membership listing on website, maintain regular communication with businesses. Aid businesses as needed with issues related to the City of St. Petersburg, ie. Permitting, where to find, etc.
- Represent the community to important constituencies at local and state levels. Speak effectively on the GCDA’s directions and work, mindful of the need to improve local, state and national economic development policies as they relate to commercial districts
- Promote the Grand Central District through Events and Marketing Opportunities
- Provide effective communications to stakeholders and community members that include but is not limited to: website, Facebook, e-newsletter, press releases, and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Serve as the conduit for other entities/districts/nonprofits such as other City Main Street Programs, Central Avenue Council, Chambers of Commerce, other local business organizations, etc.
Job Knowledge and Skills Required: The Executive Director should have education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: commercial district management, finance, public relations, marketing, business administration, public administration, non-profit administration, historic preservation and/or small business development. The Executive Director must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well-organized and capable of functioning effectively in an in independent environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media and e-news platforms and Quickbooks required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Volunteer supervisory skills are desirable. Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Level preferred. Prior Main St or business district experience a plus.
Other Details: This is a Full-Time (40 hour/week) Position. It is required that the ED attend quarterly meetings throughout the State of Florida that often require overnight stay. The ED will attend meetings after 5pm 2 nights/week on average. The ED will regularly set up and break down tables and chairs for events and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Salary is $35,000. If interested and qualified, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our posting on Indeed at https://www.indeedjobs.com/grand-central-district-association